Utah First-Time Homebuyer Law Enforcement Grant
Are you a Utah law enforcement officer looking to buy your first home? The state of Utah has a forgivable grant available to help you with the purchase.
The Utah First-Time Homebuyer Law Enforcement Grant offers up to $25,000 in down payment and closing cost assistance. To qualify, you must be:
- A law enforcement officer, as defined in Utah Code Section 53-13-103
- A correctional officer as defined in Utah Code Section 53-13-104
- A First-time homebuyer (this requirement may be waived under certain conditions)
If you meet the above qualifications as a first responder first time home buyer, this program could be perfect for you.
Eligible Loan Programs include:
- Any first mortgage loan program available through Utah Housing Corporation (UHC) and its approved Participating Lenders
- May be combined with UHC’s down payment assistance second mortgage
- No payment, no interest grant
- Grant amount up to 3.5% of the purchase price, not to exceed $25,000
- Portion of grant forgiven each year the individual is employed in Utah as a law enforcement or correctional officer and occupies the home as their primary residence
- May be used for the down payment, closing costs, mortgage interest rate buydown, or paid-in-advance mortgage insurance
- Must be primary housing
This is an exciting opportunity for Veritas Funding to provide law enforcement home loans. To take advantage of these home loans for police officers and grant programs or to learn more, reach out today.
Total funds and first responder home discounts provided by this program are limited so we recommend reaching out as quickly as possible.
Get In Touch
If you're interested in improving your life through homeownership, please provide your contact information below and a Loan Officer will be in contact.