The Mortgage Loan Originator plays an important role in the organization by performing a variety of activities directly related to the company's Production functions. The role is primarily responsible, under moderate supervision, for providing quality relations with borrowers through completing the origination processing of application, loan disclosure, review files for adherence to underwriting standards; ensuring completeness of submission to processing. Contacts borrowers to collect necessary documentation and act as a liaison between origination staff, underwriters and customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Obtain an accurate and thorough 1003.
- Collect supporting documentation from borrower:
- 30 day paystubs
- 2 years tax returns
- Last 2 years W2's
- Award letters, disability, trust income, etc.
- LOE for Gaps in jobs
- At initial contact with borrower provide needs list and complete application
- 2 months bank statements
- Obtain executed disclosures within regulations time frame.
- Obtain accurate AUS findings.
- Analyze credit report and financial scenario, determining appropriate loan product(s).
- Determine (price) a profitable loan and communicate fees to ops team.
- Submit a complete loan package to processing.
- Lock in rate.
- Review CD to ensure fees and cash at closing are consistent with commitment to Customer:
- Issue Lender Credit if needed
- If loan out of balance, work with processor & branch manager to request subsidy
- Resolve file problems, bottlenecks and qualifying issues throughout production and underwriting process.
- Provide administrative support in the collection and preparation of submitting loan application with supporting documentation to processing.
- Coordinate, create, track and distribute marketing materials.
- Manage client and referral partner databases.
- Answer customer inquiries involving rates, products and loan application status to ensure quality customer service.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- High school diploma or GED equivalent, must also be 18 years or older.
- One-year total experience in Mortgage lending or related field preferred.
- Active State MLO license required.
- Sound judgment, ability to think critically, including the ability to evaluate facts and data to draw conclusions, determine the downstream impact of decisions and associated risks.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment; strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate math skills.
- Strong detail orientation and highly organized.
- Demonstrate patience and professionalism when interacting with both internal and external customers.
- Ethical, with a commitment to company values.
- Proficiency with data entry, PDF software programs, Microsoft Word, and Excel required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.