Veritas Funding has cultivated a unique foundation that has allowed us to become the preferred lender of thousands of borrowers all over the county, in addition to being recognized nationally as a Top Place Workplace. It's always been our priority to create an environment where our employees feel understood and supported. We're dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our employees, clients, and in the communities where we live and work.
Our expanding company is seeking an assistant controller that is experienced with a wide range of customer service skills and can work independently with little or no supervision. This person must be exceedingly well organized and efficient. The ideal candidate will be able to interact with sales staff and other team members in a timely manner, remain flexible, be proactive and resourceful, and maintain a high level of professionalism.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions.
- Help prepare and review monthly financial statements
- Manage the monthly close process
- Assist with management of accounting, auditing, and budgeting within the organization
- Assist with preparations for audits
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and maintain the integrity of the information
- Ensures compliance with and prepare reports according to applicable government regulations
- Use accounting software to maintain records and prepare reports
- Assist Controller in preparing reports for Executive Management
- Complete annual recertification processes
- Perform other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, must also be 18 years or older. Master's degree preferred
- CPA license is preferred or actively working toward a CPA license
- Three years' experience in all aspects of the accounting cycle
- Experience in mortgage industry preferred
- Experience in employee management
- Solid understanding of US GAAP and applicable regulations
- Sound judgment, ability to think critically, including the ability to evaluate facts and data to draw conclusions, determine the downstream impact of decisions and associated risks.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment; strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong detail orientation and highly organized.
- Demonstrate patience and professionalism when interacting with both internal and external customers.
- Ethical, with a commitment to company values.
- Proficiency with data entry, PDF software programs, Microsoft Word, and Excel required
NOTE This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug-free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.