The ideal candidate will be experienced in underwriting the full suite of Mortgage products, FHA, VA, USDA and Conventional loans. Candidate will be able to work independently with little or no supervision. This person must be exceedingly well organized, efficient and resourceful. The ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and professionally
- Perform data evaluation on information received from loan applications
- Conduct risk assessments of potential borrowers based on previous borrowing history, credit rating, income analysis, industry experience and other factors
- Ensure all loan documentation is complete, accurate and compliant with company policy and agency guidelines
- Render application decisions based on consultations with underwriting manager and upper management
- Request additional information from Processors and Sales Professionals when necessary
- Any additional tasks assigned by management
- Performing other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- FHA DE, VA LAPP/SAR preferred
- 5+ years underwriting FHA, Conventional, USDA and VA loan applications
- Strong knowledge of industry and agency guidelines
- Strong knowledge of self-employed income analysis
- Knowledge of loan origination systems and functionality
- High school diploma or GED equivalent, must also be 18 years or older.
- Sound judgment, ability to think critically, including the ability to evaluate facts and data to draw conclusions, determine the downstream impact of decisions and associated risks.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment; strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong detail orientation and highly organized.
- Demonstrate patience and professionalism when interacting with both internal and external customers.
- Ethical, with a commitment to company values.
- Proficiency with data entry, PDF software programs, Microsoft Word, and Excel required
NOTE This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug-free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.