In sunny Utah, the popularity solar panels are rising significantly. It makes sense to take advantage of all the sun, and many companies are jumping on the bandwagon to be your solar panel provider. There are a lot of companies trying to sell solar panels. There is a lot of information and questions surrounding solar energy and solar panels. There are also a lot of pros and cons. Let’s examine each and see if solar is right for you.
- Probably the number one benefit of solar energy that most people think about is the ability to lower your energy bill. As an alternative source of energy, when you have the panels installed, solar will take the place of the standard energy sources and can reduce or eliminate your bill each month. Solar is also a long-term solution so that it can save money over an extended period.
- Another reason solar panels make sense is that they improve the value of your home. When you are looking for any advantage to selling a home, having solar panels already installed on your home is a huge selling point for your home. Not only does it save the seller money having to install the panels, but it gives them peace of mind that they will low energy bills as well. The cheaper energy provides excellent value to your home and potential buyers.
- Solar can pay you back. Many states provide solar credits that can pay you back for generating your energy. The government sees value in solar and wants to reward and help homeowners to pay for the solar panels.
- Rising energy costs. Many homeowner’s worries about the rise in energy costs it takes to operate their homes. Prices fluctuate especially in the summer and winter when heating and air conditioning can raise expenses even higher. With solar energy, you can earn credits toward your energy bill, and over time it can save you a lot of money.
- Solar energy is much better for the environment and saves the use of fossil fuels. As more homes and companies embrace the use of solar energy, the more independent we become as a country and a people.
- With all the advantages of solar, many people may wonder why not everyone is getting solar. The number one reason is that solar doesn’t work for every roof. Many older roofs or apartment building with skylights or other obstruction make installing solar panels too tricky or expensive to fix.
- You never know when you might need to move to a new home. If you install solar panels and then have to move soon after, you are putting in the expensive start-up cost, without reaping the benefits of energy savings. Solar panels are a long-term investment, and many don’t see the payback on their investment for many years.
- Upfront costs are one of the hardest things for homeowner’s to deal with. Solar is a long-term decision and like a home has a considerable price in the beginning. If financing is hard to come by, the costs can be something many people can’t overcome.
Solar energy has many positive benefits and can help not only homeowner’s and the country energy costs long term. There are some downsides to upfront costs and finding the right company to work with. Make sure you weigh the ups and downs to find out if solar panels are right for you.